From: Friam [mailto:friam-boun...@redfish.com] On Behalf Of Frank Wimberly
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 11:17 PM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group <friam@redfish.com>
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] the role of metaphor in scientific thought

Thanks, Steve.  The metaphor allusion was a not very humorous way to make the
pointer to my little book allegedly relevant.  As Nick pointed out, the title
itself is a metaphor. The dictionary definition of "legacy" mentions money or
other posessions which are left in a bequest.  There are some phrases in the
text which are unambiguously metaphors.

I would be very interested in feedback about the book.  Not because I expect to
improve it but just because...   Nick says that his father, a publisher, always
said, "You should only become a writer if you can't do anything else".

I think he was talking about earning prospects.

It's interesting that the Android mail editor won't let me punctuate the quote
correctly.

Frank Wimberly
Phone (505) 670-9918

On Jul 24, 2017 8:36 PM, "Steve" <sasm...@swcp.com <mailto:sasm...@swcp.com> >