My sense is that many of the "defecting" Democrats have switched to vote
for the Republican candidate in the primaries who would be the most likely
to be beaten by the opposing Democrat in the general election.  So far, it
hasn't seemed to work.

Merle Lefkoff, Ph.D.
Center for Emergent Diplomacy
emergentdiplomacy.org