Yeah, cult and religion are fuzzy concepts. But I like the way it's
characterized in the Gurometer:

2. Cultishness
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19PKXFn3qrzWr6nx622g9cEzyNBow0svQs_dN4fP3hjY/edit

On 7/18/22 15:00, Marcus Daniels wrote:
I have never been clear on the difference between a cult and a religion besides
inertia.  (I started watching Under the Banner of Heaven, and that checks the
boxes for me.)

Somewhat relatedly, was looking at the Berkeley PD budget and noticed that they
pulled back 23 sworn officers after George Floyd murder.   That would seem to
be a smart political calculation because they didn't give up the positions,
they just deferred them.   And in San Francisco, I was wondering what all the
fuss was about with the DA, given that the crime numbers are in some dimensions
improved.
https://www.sanfranciscopolice.org/stay-safe/crime-data/crime-dashboard

The loudmouths here are all conservatives and reactionary types, like
everywhere.  Say the world is dangerous enough times, and people start
believing it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Friam <friam-boun...@redfish.com> On Behalf Of glen
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2022 1:59 PM
To: friam@redfish.com
Subject: [FRIAM] YAC - yet another cult

Triggered by this article:

Abortion Rights Activists Call New Group Leading Protests a Front for a
Far-Left Cult
https://theintercept.com/2022/07/14/rise-up-4-abortion-rights-protests-revcom/

I spent my insomnia from 01:30-03:00 trying to find a complete criticism of
RevComm. I largely failed. But the RationalWiki provides a good quick take:

Revolutionary Communist Party (US)
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Revolutionary_Communist_Party_(US)

ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam