This is late since another ISP cut my fiber connection a week ago. Living with only cell service plus $15 per gigabyte is not pleasant.

Some comments.
1. I believe that the fact that photons travel on geodesics (least distance betwee2 points on a surface (manifold)) gives a fingerhold on trying to grasp least action. 2. I read the wikipedia artice, and it hints that the application to electromagnetism and quantum physics requires some tweaks, so it is not as straightforward as the video implied. 3. Granted that Newton’s laws are simpler, my understanding is that problems involving constraints are easier to set up than integrating the constraints into the setup of the equations.

Just sayin’

—Barry