Hello here,

I asked some years ago to also install .input files during the 'make
install’ step, say, as of today I would say in somewhere like
share/examples or share/doc/examples but I received a categorical refusal
which meant that I did not really explain the reason for this request. In
fact, I think the set of .input files is a good source of examples. Both
for the new user and for a more experienced user, when using an unknown
domain or even copying/pasting certain parts for example. From my point of
view some domains are not easy to understand at first glance, and there are
even some "convenience" domains to use them. Think for example at the
SparseMultivariatePolynomial domain with which I consider its convenience
domain MultivariatePolynomial which is easier to use. Unless of course if
you look at the FriCAS book. That can be handy I think, computer things are
sometimes too time-consuming. So I would be, at least, in favour of keeping
them, even only in the source tree.

Just my two cents.

- Greg