I guess by adding this new signature, it will cause problems for
type conferencing in compiler/interpreter.

There will be much more possibilities to consider.

IIRC, there's already performance issues when compiling expressions
with lots of "/", for example when solving radical roots for
degree 3/4 polynomials.  The recent radical denesting file may
be a similar case.

So it makes sense to let user do the coercion manually:

f : %
d : S
f/(d::%)

- Qian