*Snack team G-L*

Tonight and tomorrow, Sunday Nov. 12 at 12:30 pm
THE EIGHT COMMITMENTS OF ETHICAL CULTURE  A Series of Pot Luck Suppers
and Ethical Discussions
Take a close-up look at your own religious and ethical values, explore
core Ethical Culture principles, and share your thoughts with a small
group of Baltimore Ethical Society members and friends at a series of
Saturday evening pot luck discussions.
You can find more information and the text of the 8 Commitments on page
7 of the November newsletter or on our Web site
http://www.BaltimoreEthicalSociety.org/
<http://www.BaltimoreEthicalSociety.org>  under Calendar.

The following item was left out of the newsletter.
_Book Discussion Sunday Nov 12 at BES at 9:30 am._  We will discuss Noam
Chomsky's "Hegemony and Survival: America's Quest for Global Dominance"
Paperback copies may be purchased at the Society for $10.   The
discussion for Nov 11 will focus on the first two chapters: 1.
Priorities and Prospects   & 2.  Imperial Strategy.
For more information call Bob Corbett at 410-268-3346 or check check out
our Web site http://www.BaltimoreEthicalSociety.org/
<http://www.BaltimoreEthicalSociety.org>  under Calendar.

_Platform Nov. 12: "A Sense of Self"  Fritz Williams, Leader_
     There is a great deal of loneliness in this crowded world and a
tremendous unfulfilled hunger for intimacy. But one of the reasons we
are lonely is the fact that we are often incapable of enjoying our own
company, and we are not intimate with ourselves. Fritz Williams explores
some of the possibilities and pitfalls of self-awareness and what it
means to have a healthy sense of self.
      Fritz Williams is Leader of the Baltimore Ethical Society and
serves as primary speaker, teacher, pastor, and organizational leader.
Fritz also performs weddings and commitment ceremonies.  He has worked
as a parish priest in the Episcopal church, and as a writer and producer
at public TV stations in Harrisburg, PA, and Detroit, MI.