*DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME -- SET CLOCKS AHEAD TONIGHT-- SO YOU WON'T BE LATE*
For more information on these and future activities see the calendar on our web site <http://www.baltimoreethicalsociety.org/>

TONIGHT:  March 7, 7:00 pm: First Saturday Coffee House
             Featured Performer, poet Susurrus Din, aka Ryan Coffman
Followed by the always lively open mic. Coffee, tea, and snacks are available. No charge, but donations are requested.

SUNDAY March 8: 9:30 am: Poetry Group (Mindfulness Meditation, CANCELED this month, coming back in April)
                              12:30 pm: Board Meeting (Members only)
SUNDAY PLATFORM 10:30 am
March 8, "Embracing Contradictions" by Fritz Williams, Leader Emeritus The Baltimore Ethical Society Fritz writes, "I believe in cultivating opposite, but complementary views of life, and I believe in meeting life's challenges with opposing strategies. I believe in reckoning with life's ultimate meaninglessness even as we fall in love with the miracle of being alive. I believe in working passionately to make our lives count, but also in never losing sight of how insignificant they really are. I believe in caring deeply and in rising being beyond caring. It is by encompassing these opposites, by being totally involved and vulnerable, but simultaneously transcendent and detached, that our lives are graced by contentment and joy." Fritz Williams is Leader Emeritus of the Baltimore Ethical Society and is currently spending time thinking and writing. He performs weddings and commitment ceremonies and speaks at the Society on occasion. He has worked as a parish priest in the Episcopal church, and as a writer and producer at public TV stations in Harrisburg, PA, and Detroit, MI .

FUTURE SUNDAY PLATFORMS:

   * March 15, "My Religion in Three Sentences (Plus Commentary)" by
     Michael Franch, Ethical Culture Leader
   * March 22, "Growing Humanism in a Faith-Based Society" by Roy
     Speckhardt, Exec. Director, The American Humanist Association
   * March 29, "Go Green: How to Shrink Your Environmental Footprint"
     by Amy Mussen, Licensed Professional Engineer

OTHER ACTIVITIES THIS MONTH

   * Fri. March 13, 7:30 pm: Second Friday Ironweed Film Club
   * Sun. March 15, 9:00 am: Ethical Action Breakfast
   * Sun. March 29, 12:30 pm: Newcomers' Meeting