In case you haven't guessed, the BES platform tomorrow, the Ethical Action Committee meeting before, and the Book Discussion Group afterwards have been canceled due to the weather.

Looking out your window you may think it is winter and festive but in fact winter begins on Monday and to celebrate the solstice the *annual BES Winter Festival* will be held next Sunday.

Once the roads are clear, don't forget to pick up some warm gloves, scarves, etc. with which to decorate the mitten tree, a few non-perishable food items to be sent to Viva House along with the clothing, as well as a small wrapped "sun" gift to put in the bag in exchange for one you will take home with you. Sun gifts should be inexpensive (no more than $5, preferably less) and meant to bring a sunny warm smile to someone's face.

--
*S**tephen Meskin*

"The trouble with news is that it gives us the impression we know something, whereas the real news is that our ignorance is so vast as to make each of us dangerous." Djelloul Marbrook