Dear friends,

The exceptional snowfall has left the area around BES
with very little parking and sidewalks only partly cleared.
All events for this weekend are cancelled, including

* Sunday's Darwin Day platform address by Dr. Holtz
* Tonight's Ironweed Film Club
* Sunday Morning Meditation
* Moral Philosophy class by Hugh Taft-Morales

We'd like to call your attention to another event
this Sunday that marks the occasion of Darwin Day,
offered by one of our partners in the Baltimore Coalition of Reason.

The Rev. David Olson will be giving a sermon at
First Unitarian Church of Baltimore at 11:00 am titled
"For the Love of Science: Darwin and DuBois"

The international celebration of Darwin Day (on his birthday, February
12) occurs in the month chosen to mark Black History, itself honoring
Dr. DuBois‘s birthday on February 23.  In a community that takes
inspiration from the achievements of great minds, we think of our
self-determination as a people and a presence in the Baltimore
mindset.

Website:  http://www.firstunitarian.net

The Church Office of First Unitarian confirms that the Rev. Olson
will be speaking as scheduled.  First Unitarian is located at the
corner of Charles and Franklin.  Parking will likely be scarce.
The Office recommends the garage across the street and
suggests arriving early.

Karen Elliott, President
Baltimore Ethical Society