Dear friends,

I'd like to share a podcast of an April platform address
at BES titled "The War on Drugs -- Unintended Consequences"
delivered by retired Baltimore City Police Major Neill Franklin:

    http://bmorethical.org/Documents/Neill_Franklin_War_On_Drugs_20110403.mp3

    http://bmorethical.org/Documents/Neill_Franklin_War_On_Drugs_20110403.ogg

Maj. Franklin argues that the regulation and control of drugs offers a
positive alternative to criminalization by decreasing incarceration
rates and deaths due to overdoses and drug-related violence.

This Sunday we are fortunate to have Fritz Williams, the society's
ethical leader emeritus, present a platform address "Turbo Capitalism
and Ethical Culture", followed by a workshop at 1:00 pm titled
"Corporate Power Revisited".  Here's a flyer that you can print out
and share with your friends and neighbors:

   http://bmorethical.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/FritzMay8Flyer.pdf

We'll be hosting a potluck lunch from 12 to 1.   Please sign up to
bring something.  You can email me or write it in this Google Doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16aYSsBYMFXYPESf7GAQziC_TtHH79oN8erCaXu4t3YU/edit?hl=en&authkey=CIjJk98J

Hope to see you there.

Thanks,

--Emil