BES Members,

The Baltimore-Washington areas are expected to be hit with a major snow storm
this weekend.  This storm has been described as a potential blizzard that may
bring with it 60 MPH winds, and is expected to break a 90 year old record.  The
snow is expected to start falling this evening, intensify Saturday and stop
Sunday morning covering the area with between 1 to 2 feet of snow.  Maryland
has already declared a state of emergency, and issued a storm warning.
Baltimore has halted bus and light rail services for the weekend.

As such, BES is canceling all activities for Saturday and Sunday.  We highly
recommend that you stay inside and off the roads during this storm.  We regret
having to cancel our activities, but your safety and health are far more
important.

Considering the intensity of this storm, I'm also concerned about many of our
friends who may be under prepared for this storm.  Please consider periodic
calls to those you may know who could use emotional and material support during
this crisis.  The high winds may also bring power outages to many homes, so
please get your cell phones charged today, and stock up on water.  I suspect
we'll be digging out of this snow through Monday.

Thank you for your understanding.  Feel free to contact me if you have any
questions.

Paul
BES President