De : frnog-requ...@frnog.org <frnog-requ...@frnog.org> De la part de Stephane
Bortzmeyer
Envoyé : mardi 20 mars 2018 14:14
À : frnog-m...@frnog.org
Objet : [FRnOG] [MISC] La prononciation du routage

Ah, c'est un problème que j'ai toujours en anglais :

https://mastodon.social/@inmysocks/99715911016909833

I just noticed a weird linguistic thing from where I grew up:

I say route and root the same way in some contexts, like I say 'Follow this
route' the same as 'Follow this root', but in almost every other context I say
'route' (r-OW-t) differently than 'root' (with the 'oo'
like in good).

This came up because I just wrote 'The router removes all the routes other than
the one to the root' and I never noticed it before.