> All resources are essentially finite. There is no conspiracy.

That’s essentially true if you speak of material ressources, like ore, or oil.
But if we consider power, there are an average of 1,388 W hitting each square
metre of Earth from the Sun, and that’s gonna be stable for at least the next
four billion years.

Since the Earth has a radius of circa 6,400 km, its surface is about 128 × 10¹²
m², that is 128 trillion square metres. Multiply that by 1,388 W and you get
the amount of power received from the Sun by the entire Earth, which is just
all but ginormous. We’re simply unable to collect it in significant amounts,
that’s all. At least at this stage of humanity.

But you’re right. The paradigm that we’re living in a society of plenty, and
that we can squander up any resource because there will always be more waiting
around the corner to use up is definitely outdated. But it will take quite a
while for people to realise it.

V.