*Subject:* The movie; Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee

*FYI: ** In case you have not** heard HBO will premiere** "**Bury My Heart
at Wounded Knee**"**** on May 27, 2007.  During May they will also show the
filming of movie.** *

*If you watch this film**** please**** remember**** the****
"****2****2****Medal of Honors,
****"******** given to**** U.S. soldiers**** and th****at th****e********
U.S. flags still carry the**** Presidential**** battle streamer for the
Massacre at Wounded Knee.******** *

*Adam Beach* – Charles Eastman (Saulteaux from Manitoba, Canada.
Films: Windtalkers
and Flags of Our Fathers (Ira Hayes)

*Wes Studi* – (Cherokee from Nofire Hollow, Oklahoma, Vietnam Veteren
(drafted 1967, 9th Division in the Delta area of South Vietnam).

*Nakotah Larance**,* Isapo-Muxika***,*Crowfoot

*August Schellenberg* – Tatanka Iyotaka, Sitting Bull, (Métis Swiss-German
and Mohawk). Films: Black Robe, Fee Willy, Iron Will, The New World, Eight
Below and Crazy Horse.

*Sean Wei Mah*, Bull Head Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

*Gerald Tokala* Clifford - Little Wolf

*Gordon Tootoosis** - M*akhipiya-Luta, Red Cloud (Poundmaker Reserve,
Saskatchewan, Canada.

*Feb. 5, 2007 | HBO FILMS PRESENTS AN EPIC MOVIE EVENT WITH EXECUTIVE
PRODUCERS DICK WOLF AND TOM THAYER BASED ON DEE BROWN'S BEST SELLER 'BURY MY
HEART AT WOUNDED KNEE' *

HBO Films teams with executive producers Dick Wolf and Tom Thayer to present
the epic film adaptation of Dee Brown's seminal nonfiction book BURY MY
HEART AT WOUNDED KNEE.

Scheduled to debut on HBO in May, the film powerfully explores the economic,
political and social pressures that underpinned the opening of the American
West and the tragic impact this expansion had on American Indian culture.
The Wolf Entertainment/Traveler's Rest Films production is directed by Yves
Simoneau ("Napoleon"), produced by Clara George ("United 93"), from a
screenplay by Daniel Giat (HBO Films' "Path to War"), based on the book by
Dee Alexander Brown.

The cast includes Aidan Quinn (HBO Films' "Empire Falls"), Adam Beach (Clint
Eastwood's "Flags of Our Fathers"), August Schellenberg ("The New World"),
Colm Feore ("Thirty-Two Short Films About Glenn Gould"), J.K. Simmons (HBO's
"Oz"), Wes Studi ("Comanche Moon"), with Fred Dalton Thompson ("Law &
Order") and Anna Paquin (Academy Award(r) winner for "The Piano"). HBO Films
vice president Sam Martin is the executive in charge of the production.

"We are very proud to be in business with Dick Wolf and Tom Thayer to bring
to the screen this important story, which has never fully been told," says
HBO Films president Colin Callender. "Over the years, many have tried to
bring BURY MY HEART AT WOUNDED KNEE to the screen. Dan Giat's brilliant,
multi-layered script and Yves Simoneau's sweeping and epic production brings
to life this important period in American history and powerfully interweaves
the human drama that plays out against a complex political backdrop."

Adds Wolf, "To say that this is a passion project would be a massive
understatement. I'm incredibly grateful, excited and humbled that HBO is
giving us the opportunity to bring one of the most important chapters in
American history to life."

"We are all here because Dan Giat has interpreted an extraordinarily
important period of our history in a profound and unique way - and the
telling of that story is a responsibility that Dick and I have pursued for
years," says Thayer. "HBO's support of this journey has enabled us to be
where we are today, and we are enormously grateful for the opportunity."

"What happened at Wounded Knee seems like a long time ago," adds Simoneau.
"But this story is more relevant today than ever. It's a story about
humanity and the difficulty in understanding one another."

Beginning just after the bloody Sioux victory over General Custer at Little
Big Horn, BURY MY HEART AT WOUNDED KNEE intertwines the unique perspectives
of three characters: Charles Eastman (Beach), nÃ(c) Ohiyesa, a young,
Dartmouth-educated, Sioux doctor held up as living proof of the alleged
success of assimilation; Sitting Bull (Schellenberg), the proud Lakota chief
who refuses to submit to U.S. government policies designed to strip his
people of their identity, their dignity and their sacred land - the gold-
laden Black Hills of the Dakotas; and Senator Henry Dawes (Quinn), who was
one of the architects of the government policy on Indian affairs.

While Eastman and patrician schoolteacher Elaine Goodale (Paquin) work to
improve life for the Indians on the reservation, Senator Dawes lobbies
President Grant (Thompson) for more humane treatment, opposing the bellicose
stance of General William Tecumseh Sherman (Feore). Hope rises for the
Indians in the form of the prophet Wovoka (Studi) and the Ghost Dance - a
messianic movement that promises an end of their suffering under the white
man. This hope is obliterated after the assassination of Sitting Bull and
the massacre of hundreds of Indian men, women and children by the 7th
Cavalry at Wounded Knee Creek on Dec. 29, 1890.

Published in 1971, Dee Brown's book is one of the foremost works documenting
the systematic subjugation of the American Indian during the latter half of
the 19th century. It has sold almost four million copies and has been
translated into 17 languages.

*CAST:*

*Adam Beach* – Charles Eastman (Saulteaux from Manitoba, Canada.
Films: Windtalkers
and Flags of Our Fathers (Ira Hayes)

*Wes Studi* – (Cherokee from Nofire Hollow, Oklahoma, Vietnam Veteren
(drafted 1967, 9th Division in the Delta area of South Vietnam).

*Nakotah Larance**,* Isapo-Muxika***,*Crowfoot

*August Schellenberg* – Tatanka Iyotaka, Sitting Bull, (Métis Swiss-German
and Mohawk). Films: Black Robe, Fee Willy, Iron Will, The New World, Eight
Below and Crazy Horse.

*Sean Wei Mah*, Bull Head Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

*Gerald Tokala* Clifford - Little Wolf

*Gordon Tootoosis** - M*akhipiya-Luta, Red Cloud (Poundmaker Reserve,
Saskatchewan, Canada.

*Chevez Ezaneh** -* Ohiyesa/Young Charles****

*Aidan Quinn* – Senator Henry Dawes

*Colm Feore* - William Tecumseh Sherman

*Anna Paquin* - Elaine Goodale Eastman

*HBO*

Dan Giat – HBO Films

Sam Martin - HBO Films vice president production

Dick Wolf – executive producer

Tom Thayer - executive producer

Yves Simoneau – Director

[...]

Gary Brouse

*Program Director*

*Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility*

475 Riverside Drive, Room 1842

New York, NY  10115dw

PM

--
"Like slavery and apartheid, poverty is not natural. It is people who have
made poverty and tolerated poverty, and it is people who will overcome it.

"It is a  simple self evident fact that poverty, not lack of food, is the
primary cause of  hunger  in the United States, as throughout the world, and
that the root of that poverty is not a scarceness of material wealth but the
greedy hoarding of resources by the few."

D. R.