On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 09:37:37PM -0500, Adam Gouge wrote:
> I've been using vpnc and xtightvncviewer on Ubuntu to log onto ice from off
> campus, but the connection is very slow.  Any tips for speeding it up?
>
> Adam

I recommend xvnc4viewer myself.  Displays :0, :1, and :2 all run
"real" vnc on ice's end.  If you want to use xtightvncviewer, you
might have a bit better performance connecting to :10, :11, or
:12.

Bandwidth has really been sapped though this fall.  I've even
found just (text) console sessions over ssh to almost too laggy
to use.  So I'm guessing you're not really going to find a
solution.

Don

--
Don Bindner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>