Me too.  Actually, I have had a good experience with 8.10:

- Broadcom wireless was detected and correct driver installed.
Compare that with the need to use ndiswrapper in 8.04 and earlier.

- Improved screen and graphics detection.  Instead of having to use
3rd party EnvyNG to getmy Nvidia cards up and working, Restricted
Drivers found it right and had it ready at the next reboot.

Now, that is not to say that I didn't and don't continue to have some problems;

- I had to edit the Xorg.conf file on the CD-ROM to even be able to
get a X11 session from the Live Disc.  Once I added a "Driver    VESA"
directive, it took right and installed with no troubles.

- The window title bar is becoming corrupted when using Desktop
Effects.  No big deal really, just slightly annoying.

Otherwise, I have the really enjoyed the 4 days of new Ubuntu-ness.

Later,

jason