Hello Randy,
 I am using FTPServer embedded in glassfish with two listeners (implicit ssl
& explicit ssl/plain - although we forbid plain connections) and we are not
seeing this issue.

Since it is two of you already reporting this problem can you please
 elaborate a little more on :

  - Operating sytem and architecture (we are using CentOS 5.1 and RedHat
under Intel Xeon 64 bits)
  - Java version ( 1.6.10 64 bits here).
  - Any important modifications/additions to FTPServer?

Besides it would be great if you could test your setup using implicit ssl
instead of explicit, or only plain connections. Maybe it would help that
your tests were based on a 'minimalistic' fresh copy of FTPServer, so we can
trace this.