You might want to have a look at our examples (if you are using  OSGI
or a web application) or tests. Actually, in order to use Spring
configuration , it would be useful if you knew a little bit about
Spring :-) I haven't studied Spring framework at all so yes, at first,
it might be a little hard to figure this out.

In Spring you have several classes you can use for this:
In PropertyPlaceHolderTest:

        FileSystemXmlApplicationContext ctx = new
FileSystemXmlApplicationContext(

"src/test/resources/spring-config/config-property-placeholder.xml");

        DefaultFtpServer server = (DefaultFtpServer) ctx.getBean("server");

Instead of FileSystemApplicationContext, you could use
ClassPathXmlApplication so the spring config file can be loaded from
your classpath.

In SpringConfigTest:

XmlBeanFactory factory = new XmlBeanFactory(new FileSystemResource(
                "src/test/resources/spring-config/config-spring-1.xml"));

You can also use a ClassPathResource or any other Spring-provided Resource type.