On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Salvador Alcantara Cano
<salvador.alcant...@uab.cat> wrote:
> I am starting to use Apache FtpServer. It seems a good ftp server, but I am
> not sure about the project activity. Is the Apache FtpServer an active
> project? How does Apache FtpServer compares with FileZilla? From
> ApacheFtpServer I like it a lot to have event hooks via Ftplets...something
> like this cannot be achieved with FileZilla. My concern is on robustness and
> stability.

The FtpServer project is somewhat dormant but the code base is
reasonably solid. The way I see it, the major value FtpServer adds is
being embeddable and offering a flexible API for integrating it, like
switching out the file system or integrating with some custom
authentication. If you're looking for a more regular FTP server,
serving files from a normal file system, I'd go with something else,
FileZilla being a good option.

/niklas