Oh I thought your problem was with the data connection.

If the only difference is the internal IP,  it might be the that internal
ip you set is incorrect( or, at least,  it is not the ip to which you are
trying to  connect with Filezilla).
Besides enabling logging in the server side you can use standard OS
commands to check if your server is listening (netstat -an,  telnet from
local host etc.)