sub ha scritto:
> "Previous scanning worms, such as Code Red, spread via many threads,
> each invoking connect() to probe random addresses.

what the hell is this? visiting the iniquity of the applications upon
the protocols? Winsock is probably the only API that lets you connect()
asynchronously (via the "non-standard" ConnectEx extension, but still).
And if you have access to raw sockets, the whole point is moot because
(IIRC) the advantages of SYN cookies work both ways

(Oops, sorry for the copy to your inbox, sub. Blame the mailing list
administrators, Thunderbird's clunky UI and my lazyness)