Agree with Michal,

at the end you achieve code execution with an XSS as well, it's just in the DOM.
Depending on the attack surface, browser type and so on, this can be devastating.

I bet you remember the XSS on Amazon EC2 web interface, which combined with XSRF lead to stealing x.509 certificates and so on :D

Cheers
antisnatchor

Michal Zalewski
January 27, 2013 7:17 PM

OGMMM WTFF 0DAY XSS
Sorry, getting a bit tired of these.

Well, the world is changing. You can probably do a lot more direct damage with a (legit) XSS in a high-value site than with a local privilege escalation in sudo.

XSS reports are less actionable for the average reader, but full disclosure is probably still beneficial, in that it provides data points about the types of flaws a particular vendor happens to have, and the speed and quality of the deployed fixes.

Of course, many of the XSS reports in knorr.com and similarly exciting destinations are zzzzzzzzzz...

/mz

Elfius
January 25, 2013 11:56 PM

OGMMM WTFF 0DAY XSS

Sorry, getting a bit tired of these.

ANTRAX
January 25, 2013 3:50 PM

Gynvael Coldwind, I know this and I posted a reply in Underc0de about that.

http://underc0de.org/foro/hacking-showoff/xss-persistente-blogger-13978/

It isn't a critical bug but, despite that, this shouldn't happen..

Thanks all!

---
Best Regards
ANTRAX

Gynvael Coldwind
January 25, 2013 1:24 PM

Hey ANTRAX,

JZ is correct, even in the template view the script is still executed only in the *.blogspot.com context, and not in the context of blogger.com - look at your first screenshot - it's clearly said there that the alert box popped up on *.blogspot.com.

It's good to always alert(document.domain) to be sure of the context in which the script is executed.
As you know, script executing in the context of the cookieless *.blogspot.com cannot interact / or steal cookies from blogger.com domain.

So, to repeat what JZ already said - this is by design, it's not a bug, and no, you cannot attack an admin this way (unless you found some other way to execute that script in the context of blogger.com - in such case try reporting it again).

Cheers,
Gynvael Coldwind

--
gynvael.coldwind//vx

ANTRAX
January 22, 2013 12:11 AM

I know JZ, but this vulnerability is in the post and no in the template.
And this could be generated by blogger and affect to administrator!
The blogger can edit, but haven't admin. If the blogger post some script, this affect to administrator.

---
Saludos Cordiales
ANTRAX
www.antrax-labs.org