Title: Message
I am trying to write a program to help people who are addicted to internet pornography.  This application would be tied into an online service where someone could sign up for monitoring, and download a thin client app.  The application would run in the background of the person's computer, and upload the person's internet activity to the website.  The service would then email this activity report to designated recipients.  I have most of the knowledge to create this service, but I need to know how to do a couple things:

1. I would like the program to be "un-installable".  I've heard of a couple of hardware security tracking services that can load a very small setup package in the CMOS and if a computer is stolen, and the hard drive is replaced, the app reloads itself and the next time the computer is on the internet, it sends out a beacon.  Does anyone have any insight about how to do something like this?  I want the CMOS program to run on boot, and check to see if the monitoring software is still installed.  If it is not, the boot process reloads it.

2. obviously, the program does not need to be very large, so I want it to run in the background and not be visible to the computer's user. This is easy, I know, but I want the process to be completely invisible. (even to super-geeks)

3. I would like to figure out a way to monitor traffic for multiple protocols (HTTP, FTP, File Sharing, Chat, etc.) .  I'm wondering if there is a way to figure out "bad" requests on a packet level.

I really appreciate any help with these questions!  Thank you all,

-- Matt

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html