rookie police officer was assigned to ride in a cruiser
with an experienced partner. A call came over the car's
radio telling them to disperse some people who were
loitering.
The officers drove to the street and observed a small crowd
standing on a corner. The rookie rolled down his window and
said, "Let's get off the corner."
No one moved, so he barked again, "Let's get off the
corner!"
Intimidated, the group of people began to leave, casting
puzzled glances in his direction.
Proud of his first official act, the young policeman turned
to his partner and asked, "Well, how did I do?"
"Pretty good," replied the veteran, "especially since this
was a bus stop."

 police officer in a small town stopped a motorist who was
speeding down Main Street. "But officer," the man said, "I
can explain."
"Just be quiet!!!" snapped the officer. "...or I'm going to
let you cool off in jail until the chief gets back."
"But officer, I just wanted to say...."
"And I said KEEP QUIET! Now you're going to jail!"
A few hours later, the officer checked up on his prisoner
and said, "Lucky for you that the chief's at his daughter's
wedding. He'll be in a good mood when he gets back."
"Don't count on it," said the man in the cell. "I'm the
groom!"
n opening his new store, a man received a bouquet of
flowers. He became dismayed on reading the enclosed card,
that it expressed "Deepest Sympathy".
While puzzling over the message, his telephone rang. It was
the florist, apologizing for having sent the wrong card.
"Oh, it's alright." said the storekeeper. "I'm a businessman
and I understand how these things can happen."
"But," added the florist, "I accidentally sent your card to
a funeral party."
"Well, what did it say?" ask the storekeeper. "
'Congratulations on your new location'." was the reply.