My journal of 2008

January: Had to take my Christmas scarf back to store -- it was way too
tight!

February: Fired from pharmacy job for failing to print labels. I really
tried, but those bottles wouldn't fit in the typewriter!

March: Exciting success! I finished the jigsaw puzzle I got for
Christmas after only two-and-a-half months -- even the box said "2-4
years"!

April: Missed the deadline for filing income tax due to being trapped
on escalator for several hours on my way to the post office (the power
went out!)

May: Tried to make Kool-Aid, but the instructions were wrong -- 8 cups
of water simply do not fit into those little packets!

June: Tried to go water skiing, but I couldn't find a lake with a slope.

July: Lost breast-stroke swimming competition. Learned later the other
swimmers cheated: they used their arms!

August: Got locked out of my car in huge rain storm. Car interior
ruined because convertible top was down.

September: Missed getting on "Jeopardy" because I missed the first test
question. I was sure the capital of California is "C"!

October: Realized I hate M&M's -- they are too hard to peel.

November: Thanksgiving turkey ruined, even though I followed the
directions perfectly (instructions said 1 hour per pound, and I weigh
118. I know you have to prepare big dinners in advance, but 5 days is
ridiculous!)

December: Fell off step stool while decorating Christmas tree, but
couldn't call 911 -- there's no "eleven" button on the stupid phone!

All in all, 2008 was a terrible year. I sure hope 2009 is better.