This is an interesting post.  I think that Victor is missing the value of
self-image to those who would exploit others but cannot stand the heat of being
the villain.   As missionaries go around the world and credit themselves with
diving into the sewers of various countries in order to prove their worth, at
the same time, they build both a radical element for the destruction of the
culture and serve as spies for their own culture's exploitation of the country
where they missionize.    Neither side of the Western political or religious
spectrum is immune to this little bit of sleaziness.    i.e. Che and Lenin have
their mirror opposites in Teddy Roosevelt and Andrew Carnegie.   Both sides
build schools and libraries but destroy books and encouraged ignorance of the
world.

REH