At 11:25 PM 1/17/98 GMT, Durant wrote:
> > I am convinced that we can make progress here at the grass-roots level - and
>> that DD could make a SIGNIFICANT difference, over time, in the direction of
>> REAL progress, which to my mind is:
>>
>sounds good.
>
>> -- establishing a non-exploitative money system, possibly along the lines of
>> LETS
>>

>We have just started one here in Rochdale, the birthplace of
>the Cooperative movement! (It's still in the tentative first stages,
>when everyone waits for someone else to call.) The one
>in Manchester is lively though it has a bit too much
>new-age-ish mysticism for my liking, but so what.

Many of the LETS sytems are idiosyncratic -- the originator, Michael Linton,
is a Scot who lives near Vancouver, and has pursued this dream for 15+ years
-- two major (1-2 million $) projects of a "community LETS" sytem are
well-advanced in Vancouver

>> -- establishing a non-indoctrinating, non-abusive, child-rearing and
>> educational system
>>

>please..
>

>> -- continuing to move towards personal and societal transformation as per
>> Ken Wilber

The following is extracted from the CDD website at
http://www.npsnet.com/bibliogr.htm

 Wilber, Ken. The Eye of the Spirit. An Integral Vision for a World Gone
Slightly Mad. Shambhala,1997.
     What would a truly integral culture look like, a culture that included
body, mind, soul, and spirit?
     Shambhala's "Ken Wilber Forum" at http://www.shambhala.com/wilber

     We recommend the books of Ken Wilber because they outline a context in
which everything can be held.

             Wilber, Ken. Sex, Ecology, and Spirituality. Shambhala, 1995.
     An extraordinary work bringing the history of the evolution of mankind
and his/er consciousness within the reach of the ordinary reader - with a
little perseverance.

             Wilber, Ken. A Brief History of Everything. Shambhala, 1996.
"It brings the debate about consciousness, evolution, and our capacity for
transformation to an entirely new level. More practically, it will save you
many missteps and wrong turns on whatever wisdom path you choose to take."
Questions and answers based on "Sex, Ecology, and Spirituality".

     Wilber, Ken. Grace and Grit. Shambhala, 1993. If "Brief History" is too
difficult, "Grace" may be too human - the story of Ken Wilber's 5 year
partnership with his new wife Treya, dying from cancer.

>I have no information about this.
>
>Eva

Colin Stark