> Let's listen to the two words: "Capitalism" and "Communism".  The first
> word kowtows to an impersonal and mindless calculative force: Capital.
> The second addresses itself to the construction of human community.
> Of course it is possible to have Capitalism with a human face, *if*
> the mindless force is disciplined by persons' mindful commitment to
> building community.  And, alas, we have also seen in this
> century that terrible horrors can be inflicted on persons
> in the name of the common good (Stalinism, etc.).

If that mindless force is disciplined, it wont be capitalism no more.
Capitalism with a human face doesn't produce the growth of profits
that is necessary for it's survival.
The leaders of capitalism appearently also act in the name of "common
good", as do the fundamentalists in Afganistan and Saddam in Iraq.
The point is to have democracy based on a sensible (not chaotic) economic
structure.

Eva

> \brad mccormick

[EMAIL PROTECTED]