At 05:13 AM 5/6/98 -0400, Brad McCormick, Ed.D. wrote:
>Jim Davis wrote:
>>
>> TEMPORARY BLUES
>>
>> By John Slaughter
>>
>> I have been downsized, effective Labor Day, 1997.

etc

I, too found this piece moving, having been "downsized" in '82 at age 44

However, looking back from here, the cloud had a silver lining

I undoubtedly live a much more modest life now than I did as a middle
manager, and have made a lot less money ...

On the plus side, I am no longer a "wage slave", live with less stress, and
am no longer subject to the incredible degree of indoctrination that I was
as a worker for TNCs -- at least four of them. I have had lots of free time
to pursue my personal interests, and have done a wide variety of "jobs" and
"non-job work" that I would not have had time for on the TNC track ...

I see the world a lot clearer than I could possibly have done as an employee

I prefer the relative independence that I have now

Colin Stark