Harry Pollard wrote:

> This is of course why in countries with controlled economies they never
> have to worry about "risking unintended bad consequences".
>
> Because they don't have the substance either.

Well, Harry, what's the solution?  If controlled ecomonies
cannot invent or produce anything of value, and, in
uncontrolled economies, the things are invented (sometimes)
and produced (sometimes) but only for what the market will
bear, which often won't reach the people in need of
the stuff, is there
*any* winning strategy, or is it simply a case of our
being free to choose which poison to take  (or, rather:
whether to suffer privation or *de*privation)?

I was wondering where you had "gotten to", since
I didn't seem to see any postings from you for many months....

May we *all* prosper (somehow...)!

\bradmccormick

--
   Mankind is not the master of all the stuff that exists, but
   Everyman (woman, child) is a judge of the world.

Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
914.238.0788 / 27 Poillon Rd, Chappaqua, NY 10514-3403 USA
<![%THINK;[SGML]]> Visit my website ==> http://www.cloud9.net/~bradmcc/