Christoph Reuss wrote:

> Brad McCormick couldn't resist either:
> >
> > "Free markets" are oxymorons!  The only way to have a
> > "free market" is to have a strong police force to
> > curtail the muggers' freedom to participate in the
> > freedom of the market!
>
> Naah...  A strong police force would mean a strong state == the last thing
> that Free Marketeers would want!  No, in the Ultimate Free Market, security
> is privatized too:  A Free Market of private security services for the rich,
> and a Free Market of muggers for/of the poor.  "Survival of the Safest"...
>
> The Invisible LongFinger will take care of it!
> Chris

Yes, I like your improvement.  Of course the police should
be "outsourced" and not a government function.

I think capitalism is really still a wishy-washy thing.
We need to *really* get behind the principle of the market,
and *monetarize* *EVERYTHING*: People could be surgically
modified to have a meter where their mouth and nose is, so
that if they don't put money in the meter then they don't
get air. Similarly, children should be paid to go to
school (since the purpose of schooling is to train
workers).  All this would not have been feasible in
past, but new technologies enable us to put
flow meters on more minutely differentiated processes,
and new computer
power enables ut to "keep books" on it all.

Of course the project of universal monetarization can
never be completed, because, by the familiar
"diagonalization" argument of mathematics, it is
always possible to define a function which is not
measured by anything....  But, as Husserl said: mankind's
destiny is to undertake *infinite tasks* (although
this is not one of the tasks he had in mind)....

\brad mccormick

--
   Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thes 5:21)

Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
914.238.0788 / 27 Poillon Rd, Chappaqua, NY 10514-3403 USA
<![%THINK;[XML]]> Visit my website: http://www.cloud9.net/~bradmcc/