sniped from V. Milne: 12/11/99 post:
> I do think your point about the dangers of
demonizing capitalists is very
> well taken. I can't think of any definition of
capitalism that will send
> Bill Gates to the guillotine while sparing the
independent plumber with a
> battered old van.

no need to "guillotine"

> I do not believe that it will ever be possible,
or even desirable, to
> eliminate capitalism in the broad sense. There
will always be those
> independent plumbers in their battered old vans.

The "plumbers in their battered old vans" that I
know don't consider themselves capitalists.
They're just working stiffs who got sick and tired
of taking orders from bosses.  To replay an old
them  - the bosses spend a great deal of time and
money to convince us that they are on the side of
and are just the same as the mom & pops ( and
plumbers etc).  To believe that is to give up the
battle.  Most of those folks that I know are much
closer to the homeless than to Bill Gates.