-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Brad McCormick,
Ed.D.
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2005 3:05 PM
To: futurework@fes.uwaterloo.ca
Subject: [Futurework] The banality of evil in the white-collar workplace

Today I documented something that continues to
annoy me at work (silly me!), because I take it
as "symbolic".  I turned it into a web page:

http://www.cloud9.net/~bradmcc/GO/mensRoom.html

I simply cannot believe that every day some poor "grunt"
(programmer, technician...) gets dumped on so badly that
he feels he has to kick this particular cat -- although
I'm also pretty sure that does happen on occasion.

Different angle: Architects design persons' lives [or at least
the "flow" which the users of a building go "with" or
"against"].  I wonder
if the architect who designed this particular banal office building
thought of this option which the vestibule to the men's room would
facilitate?

\brad mccormick

--
  Let your light so shine before men,
              that they may see your good works.... (Matt 5:16)

  Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thes 5:21)

<![%THINK;[SGML+APL]]> Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / [EMAIL PROTECTED]