From: Gurstein, Michael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 9:46 AM
To: Cordell, Arthur: ECOM; Keith Hudson; futurework@fes.uwaterloo.ca
Subject: RE: [Futurework] Terrorist attacks are not about terrorism

Surely that's too simple! Its sort of Bush's you are either for me or for the terrorists...

And that probably isn't even the right question... The question I think, should be how do we stop terrorism for the long term while preserving some sort of non-terroristically determined democratic society in the meantime...

And that I think is non-ideological (or in any reasonable circumstance/society it should be)... To be assessed pragmatically and "objectively" and recognizing that the solution may require the recognition of legitimate grievances while not legitimizing tactics.

MG