Of course. This highly unlikely scenario would transfer the rights to farmland, woodlands and fishing grounds back to people who, on the whole, would be better stewards of natural resources. As things stand today, these are mostly in the hands of corporate concerns, with fresh water quickly being monopolized by same. I have almost no confidence in government today, and would welcome any such change, even if it marked only a transitional period toward greater respect for our only home.

Realistically, I doubt that there can be any compromise, excepting such return, that would restore the well being of Native people. Government schemes haven't worked because they are merely designed to distract from the countless injustices of dis-inheritance. They can't solve a problem if they never admit to the cause of its inception, nor can they continue to hope for positive results from programmes devised as compensating bribes. They need their land for their healing. And we need to give it back to them for our own healing.

Natalia

Christoph Reuss wrote:

Natalia wrote:
I've always thought that returning the previously settled and hunted
lands and waters in question would be a good start.

Do you realize that this includes MOST of North and South America?

Chris