Harry,

You should understand that most of the price of the toaster
goes to American workers.

We may well I import the toaster from China for $2 - but it
will perhaps sell for $39. The rest goes to workers who
move it through the system warehousing, transportation,
accounting, selling it at various stages, until it arrives
in the hands of the consumer.

This is true of most things. The actual manufacture of a
good gets the smallest payment. Getting it to the consumer
is where the costs increase.

Meantime our unemployment is low and wages are moving up.

We've been through a period of great change. Old industries
are going, new ones are taking their place. We appear to
have made the transition very well, though obviously some
people have not done so well. There are various
governmental programs to help such people.

Any problems of poverty and urban blight are not the result
of trade, however you are so blinded by the propaganda
you've read you are not much help in finding and solving
such problems.

Harry
Henry George School of Social Science
of Los Angeles.