Should the story's possible lack of credibility preclude a much larger discussion of issues around the suppressed natural cures and treatments industries? I apologize for failing the litmus test on credible stories, but I think there is a huge industry out there with a vast potential for viable future work. Pharma loves to dwell on these stories, but Pharma itself has the poorest track record for transparency, and unfortunately the greatest influence over government, media, and people's health options. Perhaps I should post all of the false claims of beneficial treatment the allopaths want us to believe in order to start up such a discussion?

I don't know about you, but I've lost friends to the allopathic cancer treatment programs--whose lives could have been, if not saved, at least greatly extended for simply never signing up for treatment. The last one I lost because they over-radiated her already diminishing cancer. You know the old adage: when doctors go on strike the death rate drops dramatically!

Here's the story I /should/ have posted, for which you will find countless credible links: http://lesliecarbone.blogspot.com/2007/02/abrahams-law.html

   Monday, February 05, 2007

     Abraham's Law
     <http://lesliecarbone.blogspot.com/2007/02/abrahams-law.html>

In August of 2005, Abraham Cherrix and his parents received the news that every family dreads. Fifteen-year-old Abraham was sick with Hodgkin's disease, a form of cancer. For the next several months, the Virginia teenager endured conventional chemotheraphy. By February, his cancer remained. His doctors then recommended a more aggressive therapy, consisting of a higher dosage of chemo, radiation, and stem cell treatment. If he endured this treatment and its miserable side effects, his odds of survival were placed at below 50 percent. Facing such odds, the young man and his parents decided to pursue an alternative "natural" remedy.

But the Virginia Department of Social Services would have none of it. With all the characteristic arrogance of petty bureaucrats, DSS sought to wrest control of Abraham's treatment. Abraham's parents faced neglect charges, losing custody of their sick son, and imprisonment, while Abraham was threatened with having to submit to the higher dosage of chemo. In what were likely to be his last month's of life, DSS sought to increase Abraham's sufferring while withholding from him the thoughtful care of his own parents.

On August 16, 2006, Accomack Circuit Court Judge Glen Tyler cleared Abraham's parents of all charges of medical neglect and allowed Abraham to pursue alternative treatment under a doctor of the family's choice. He is now receiving the treatment he and his parents prefer.

This horrific story of bureaucratic overreach spawned Abraham's Law <http://www.delmarvanow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070203/NEWS01/702030310>, a bill that passed the Virginia Senate last week and would allow parents to refuse medical treatment under some conditions without facing neglect charges. A similar bill had already passed the House.

The Virginia legislature has done a good thing. But it's outrageous that a law is needed to protect parents' right to pursue the best treatment, in their judgment, for their sick children.

The legislature's next step should be a thorough-going purge of every DSS bureaucrat who presumes to worsen a family's nightmare.

Also: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/23/AR2007022301793.html <http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/23/AR2007022301793.html> <https://www.governor.virginia.gov/MediaRelations/NewsReleases/viewRelease.cfm?id=358%20->https://www.governor.*virginia*.gov/ <https://www.governor.virginia.gov/MediaRelations/NewsReleases/viewRelease.cfm?id=358%20->MediaRelations/NewsReleases/viewRelease.cfm?id=358 - <https://www.governor.virginia.gov/MediaRelations/NewsReleases/viewRelease.cfm?id=358%20->

I'd love to know what you think about the future of both industries.
Natalia Kuzmyn

Stephen Markan wrote:
If you read the more recent comments this appears to be a hoax. The story does not appear through any other media sources (traditional or alternative) http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2007/11/an_update_on_cancer_boy.php
is an interesting deconstruction of the story...