Timework Web wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Brad McCormick, Ed.D. wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I misunderstood.  I thought "Deconsultant"
> > was an amalgam of "consultant" and "deconstruction",
> > meaning: one who deconstructs the paradigm of the
> > consultant --> one who offers his or her services
> > to rid organizations of the bad effects of
> > having previously employed consultants.  But
> > that *is* being a kind of decongestant, isn't it?
>
> You didn't misunderstand. I just figured that deconstruction needed to be
> deconstructed a bit, too. I mean: what is so "constructive" about the
> constructs that deconstruction deconstructs? Congestion gives a better
> picture of how most conventional wisdom gloms together.

Agreed.

Both what deconstruction deconstructs ["mores", "lares et
penates", "the obvious", etc.] and also
deconstructionists [qua tenured professors,
paid speakers, etc.] need to be critically analyzed and
the situations in which they exist [humanistically]
reconstructed.  Both the unreflected social
customs (ethnicities) which most persons act out
unwittingly (see, e.g., Alain Resnais' film "Mon
Oncle d'Amerique"), and the self-satisfied cynicism
of the deconstructionists (see my web page:

    http://www.users.cloud9.net/~bradmcc/postmodernismx.html

esp. the section "Postmodern 'theory'") need to be
replaced by social intelligence which aims at
ever more radical self-accountability (a universal
"polis", in which the government of some persons by
other persons is replaced by a peer space of speech
and action which, among other things, administers
things (Hannah Arendt/Karl Marx).

Neither traditional society which, as a mindless Darwinian
production, is interested only in the idea of the
individual ["reproduction"] and not in individuals in their
particular existences (Stephen Gould), nor
deconstructionists, who let their heads get
swollen by the remuneration and adulation
which accrues to their cynical self-promotion
in the current social/economic situation, is
humanistically oriented.

I heartily recommend Elias Canetti's book _Crowds and
Power_ as part of every deconsultant's education
(along with Resnais' film mentioned above,
Stanley Kubrick's film "Paths of Glory",
Edward Hall's book _The Silent Language_,
Garrett Hardin's article "The Tragedy of the Commons"...)....

+\brad mccormick

--
   Let your light so shine before men,
               that they may see your good works.... (Matt 5:16)

   Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thes 5:21)

Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
914.238.0788 / 27 Poillon Rd, Chappaqua NY 10514-3403 USA
<![%THINK;[XML]]> Visit my website: http://www.cloud9.net/~bradmcc/