Perhaps some of you will remember "Venceremos!"
as a watchword of the ["Communist"] Cuban
revolution?

I heard that word a day or 2 ago for the first
time in many years.  It issued forth from the
mouth of George bi-lingual Bush, in a
speech at the Republican National Convention
(Why can't someone coin the acronym: "Runc" for
it?).  Its use by Bush is either a minor sign
of his ignorance or a major sign of his
arrogance.

Today on National Public Radio evening news,
I heard Bush joke about his wife that she "*was* an
intellectual" (presumably being married to him has
cured that malady (which is perhaps close to
what Spire Agent called: "pointy headed liberalism").

(Aside: I am reminded that Bill Bradley's wife is indeed
an intellectual(when I first heard her name,
I knew where I had heard it before: as the author of
a scholarly book on my favorite author, the
too little known Austrian writer Hermann Broch).
Had Bradley been elected President of the USA,
we would have had the first really educated
people in the White House probably since
Woodrow Wilson.)

I will end with a gloss on Bush's
"purpose":

Venceremos?

+\brad mccormick

--
   Let your light so shine before men,
               that they may see your good works.... (Matt 5:16)

   Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thes 5:21)

Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
914.238.0788 / 27 Poillon Rd, Chappaqua NY 10514-3403 USA
<![%THINK;[XML]]> Visit my website: http://www.cloud9.net/~bradmcc/