Gee and they don't die either.    What a shame.   We have ball games as a part of our most sacred ceremonials.   The game of Lacrosse came out of our religion.    Today the women play as well.   In the South where they were more passionate they even sacrificed the winner of the game so he would go into the next world a success.    It is always amazing to me how we get so wrapped up in the meaning of such things as wars and rumors of wars.    Now that is a game I have no sympathy for whatsowever.    Check.

REH

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 12:49 PM
Subject: RE: money for baseball players

"It is hard to say exactly when the monumentalization of the trivial

became a way of life in America. It may have been when the National

Football League started according contests between large men in skintight

pants the sort of solemn designations formerly reserved for armed global

conflicts." (Michael Kelly in 'The Atlantic Monthly')

While not wanting to carry on our particular rants, I happened to come across the quote above from the current issue of :

http://www.newsscan.com/,