This came from a site on the Moccasin Telegraph by way of a veteran friend.    It was attributed to Edward Bear but who knows.   The point is well made however.   We should remember that many of the people who instituted these policies switched parties when the Civil Rights laws came into effect.   So what was anti-Indian Democrat in the first half ot the 20th century is now solidly in the Republican Camp.   The key here is race and the belief that the only valid moral system is the American system with its Anglo-phillic origins.    We have a lot of experience with these things.    While it was difficult for some Indian people to be Democrat at the time, like my father who was not racially oriented at all, and easy to be Republican, hence we had several Republican Chiefs including my own dear Elder.   Today it is harder since the old racist Democrats have switched and now the Black and Indian Republicans are fighting the same battle in the party as the Log House Republicans.
My father used to express the opinion that history was tough on "wishful thinkers."     I would point out how dangerous this kind of thought is for the powerless.    Tucker Carlson the conservative brat has already joined hands with William Safire to go after Indian people for expressing too much independence.

Ray Evans Harrell

BUREAU OF IRAQI AFFAIRS
Formed March 20, 2003

Dear People of Iraq,

Now that you have been liberated from your tyrannical oppressors, we at the Bureau of Indian Affairs look forward to our relationship with you. Below you will find a list* of what to expect from the services of our good offices.

1. Henceforth, English will be the spoken language of all government and associated offices. If you do not speak English, a translator fluent in German will be provided.

2. All Iraqi people will apply for a spot on a citizen roll. Citizenship will be open to those people who can prove that they are Iraqi back four generations with documents issued by the United States. Christian church records may also be given in support.

3. All hospitals will be issued with a standard emergency aid kit. The kit contains gauze, band aids, burn cream, iodine, tweezers, and duct tape.

4. Your oil is to be held in trust for you. We will appoint you an American approved lawyer with a background in the oil industry. Never mind that he may work or have worked for the companies that he will eventually cut a deal with. This close relationship will guarantee you more money for your oil.

5. You will also be appointed an official 'Agent' - whose qualifications will include a long, distinguished career in corporate crime.  If you cannot afford to pay said Agent for supplies purchased from him, he will take in part exchange any and all property up to that value and as far beyond as he can get away with.

6. Each Citizen will be allotted one hundred acres of prime Iraqi desert. They will be issued plows, hoes, seed corn and the King James Bible. All leftover land will be open to settlement by Israelis.  Your allotted desert plots will eventually be whittled away and leased for one millionth of a Dinar per ten square miles.

7. Each Citizen is entitled to draw a ration of milk, sugar, flour and lard. If you can not use the rations for health or religious reasons you may file a complaint with your BIA appointed liaisons, Crisco. Those Iraqis showing signs of diabetes, heart disease, or glaucoma will be issued with double rations in place of adequate health care.

8. We will mismanage your trust monies, allowing any five year old with minimal computer skills to hack into the system and set up their own account. Records of your accounts will be kept, but you must receive express written permission from the head of the BIA to examine them.

9. In keeping with the separation of Church and State supported by the US constitution, Christian missionaries will be sponsored through government funding. Only Iraqis who convert to Christianity will be allowed to hold jobs within the government.

10. For the purposes of treaty making, any single Iraqi will be found competent to sign on behalf of all other Iraqis.

11. Welcome to the Free World and have a nice day!

*The Bureau has the right to change any of the above rules and agreements, without notice, without showing due cause and without any legal consequence.