On 1/14/07, Dominik Vogt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I don't understand what your problem is.  When I start xterm like
this:

  $ xterm -g "80x24+0+0"

I get an 80x24 xterm at +0+0.  FvwmIdent says:

  X: 0 (frame x position)
  Y: 0 (frame y position)
  Width: 587 (frame width)
  Height: 342 (frame height)
  Geometry: 80x24+0+0

So FvwmIdent gives me the frame's size and position and the
width/height/position of the client as if the wm had not decorated
it (80x24+0+0).

Without any options, xwininfo reports the client window's absolute
position (+4+22) and the size in pixels (579x316).  It can also
report the frame's geometry if called with the "-frame" option
(587x342, +0+0).

So, what *is* the problem with that?

I can confirm Thomas's problem with other windows, namely with
Firefox. Strangely enough, for xterm FvwmIdent reports the expected
value.

Resizing both xterm and firefox windows to the same dimensions:

* xterm:
Width: 700
Height: 550
Geometry: 116x42+96+66

* firefox
Width: 700
Height: 550
Geometry: 699x549+183+120

So it seems that something is wrong.. Unless there's a reason for this
to happen.

Cheers
 Renato