Hello all,

For too long a time now, I have been getting annoying freezes when
resizing a window.   I've been able to track the problem down to
module_list.c as per the following check:

                                if (!FD_ISSET(channel, &writeSet))
                                {
                                        char *name;

                                        name = get_pipe_name(module);
                                        /* Doh! Something has gone wrong - get
                                         * rid of the offender! */
                                        fvwm_msg(
                                                ERR, "FlushMessageQueue",
                                                "Failed to write descriptor to"
                                                " '%s':\n"
                                                "- select rc=%d\n"
                                                "- terminate signal=%c\n",
                                                name, rc, isTerminated ?
                                        module_kill(module);

                                        return;
                                }

I would argue such a check is redundant, since the freeze happens as
soon as I start to resize a window, which is stupid since  nothing has
gone wrong at the point.  Indeed, a simple "return;" at the beginning
of the blocks alleviates the issue --  is this check even relevant?

Kindly,

-- Thomas Adam