Thomas Adam <tho...@fvwm.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 12:31:37PM -0500, des...@verizon.net wrote:
>>
>> I'm getting near completion on the fvwm-menu-desktop rewrite.
>> I thought I'd solicit some comments.
>
> Thanks, Dan.  It looks good.  Comments in-lined below.  I tried it, seems to
> work OK so far.  :)
> But that's not your fault -- it was like that in the original code.  It just
> looks nasty to me.  :)
>
> I appreciate most of the comments above might not relate to the work you've
> done, so don't think I'm picking holes unnecessarily.  On the contrary, I
> really appreciate this, it's looking good.  But it's these smaller nits that
> might get over-looked otherwise.

Great comments, thanks!

I didn't  have an  opinion about  the prototypes but  the way  the whole
thing is organized upside down to use them bothers me.

The she-bang line needs to be changed to "fvwm standard" #...@perl@,
it's just the way it is for testing.  Same with version number.

> Ideally, I'd love it if this could go in CVS so it can be worked on
> collaboratively.  I don't plan on releasing the CVS version anytime soon.

I was hoping to hear it worked for at least one other person before I
did that.  I'll get to a commit soon.