Hello all,

This is advance notice for users and downstream packagers to note that the
Move command has undergone a slight change in CVS, which will form part of
the upcoming 2.6.3 release of FVWM.

Now by default, the Move command will honour the EWMH working area.  For
most users this will typically mean honouring any changes made through the
EWMHBaseStructs command.

So for instance:

    EWMHBaseStruts 100 100 100 100
    Pick Move 0 0

Would have previously moved the window to the top-left corner, regardless of
the working area setting.  With the change in CVS, the window instead
honours placing the window relative to the working area.

To get the old behaviour, this is achieved with:

    Pick Move 0 0 ewmhiwa

The logic is the same for the Maximize command, which has always honoured
the working area, unless told not to (again, via a "ewmhiwa" option).

A few users now have asked for this, so making the Move command behave as
Maximize does feels like the right thing to do, but I appreciate it's a
default change in behaviour for move, which some people might have relied on
previously.

Any questions, do ask.

Kindly,

-- Thomas Adam

--
"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)