Dominik Vogt <dominik.v...@gmx.de> writes:

> On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 05:48:05PM -0400, Dan Espen wrote:
>> Dominik Vogt <dominik.v...@gmx.de> writes:
>>
>> > Just found this comment in CMD_Test:
>> >
>> >    /*
>> >     * unfortunately, GetNextSimpleOption is
>> >     * * broken, does not accept quoted empty ""
>> >     */
>> >
>> > Actually, GetNextSimpleOption() is _not_ broken.  The parsing
>> > library guarantees never to return empty tokens.  This is a
>> > feature, albeit a questionable one.
>>
>> The CVS command you are looking for is "annotate".
>>
>> 1.107 (migo 13-Aug-05): /* unfortunately, GetNextSimpleOption is
>
> Well, I thought it might be worhtwhile to mention it in public
> while we're working on the parser anyway.
>
>> Could be that it was broken when the comment was written.
>
> No, it has always been this way.  This guarantee is used in many
> places where parsing is done, and when I coded
> GetNextSimpleOption() this was in there from the start (because it
> simply uses the same underlying implementation of the tokenisation
> functions as the rest of the parsing library).
>
> By the way, does anybody know what this "infostore" stuff is
> about?

Thomas does, but just in case he doesn't find his own email...

https://www.mail-archive.com/fvwm-workers@fvwm.org/msg02706.html

Seems reasonable, but I suggest, from infostore.h:

  MetaInfo *new_metainfo(void);
  void insert_metainfo(char *, char *);
  char *get_metainfo_value(const char *);
  void print_infostore(void);

the new, insert and get functions should all
use the word "infostore", not "metainfo".

--
Dan Espen