On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 12:27:40AM +0100, Thomas Adam wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 12:23:54AM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> > >
> > > Maybe, but how often does that really happen?
> >
> > It actually happens all the time when you want to reshuffle or
> > revert commits with NEWS entries.  The was worse with the
> > ChangeLog.  In CVS you wouldn't notice this often becaus you
> > couldn't rebase anything, but in Git its quite annyoing to my
> > experience.
>
> Hmm.  But then you'll also have to explicitly identify the other stuff in NEWS
> as well.  Ah, I dunno---maybe it's not such a problem, but I think trying to
> enforce this going to be hard.  It's not something I'll necessarily remember
> to follow.

I've made a habit of using "git add -i" to sort the pending
changes into series of small commits so I won't accidentally
changes that I don't want to (like debug printfs and accidental
formatting changes).  If I keep NEWS and ChangeLog changes and the
like in the commits that actually so the real work, I always get
conflicts when rebasing stuff, so keeping it separately comes with
lazyness.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--