On 14 Aug 2002 04:25:51 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Message summary for PR#916
>       From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>       Subject: disappearing mail
>

> Using the taskbar mail notification and xbiff (redundant, but there you
> go)
> I noticed that mail was sometimes delivered to my mailbox, and removed
> a few seconds later.  I only ever noticed it when I used procmail (in
> which case I had a backup of the message).
>
> I switched off the mail notifier, and it doesn't seem to happen anymore.
>
> Problem: I didn't manage to reproduce the error.  It just seemed to happen
> every now and then, and it seemed to be more likely to happen when I sent
> messages to myself (as test or in (B)CC).  Of course, in those cases I was
> expecting the mail, and a disappearing mail would be noticed.

FvwmTaskBar does not write to a mail box, only reads from it using
open(mailpath, O_RDONLY, 0);

biff (I don't know about xbiff) notifies about a new email even it is
immediately processed by procmail and moved to another mail box or to
/dev/null.

FvwmTaskBar may show a non-updated status that will be updated only on the
next time interval.

All this makes it unprobable that FvwmTaskBar causes a mail being
disappeared. Maybe there is an error in your .procmailrc?

Regards,
Mikhael.