Hello, I would really like to appeal for the removal of the XBell()
at line 1029 in fvwm/functions.c, part of execute_complex_function().

It doesnt serve any purpose as it is impossible to determine even if it
was fvwm that rang the bell, and as no message is printed to stderr to
indicate what the bell means there is no way for a user to find out what
failed or what function was trying to execute when it failed.

Additionally, it really drives me crazy as it makes a lot of the events
supported by FvwmEvent totally unusable for me, as some of them may be
triggered while the server is grabbed.

Replacing the XBell() with a message to stderr stating "failed to grab
server in function FooBar" or similar would be much more helpful to
users who want to find out why their configuration isnt working, and
much less annoying to users who realise that some commands may fail
during a grab but want it anyway :)

Thanks, Tavis

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | finger me for my pgp key.